Tower Media Middle East understands the importance of privacy and personal data protection in the digital age, and is therefore committed to protecting the privacy of our service users while browsing or using our websites and using our services.
– Why do we collect and process your personal data and how we use it
– On what legal basis do we process your personal data?
– Who can access your personal data?
– Where your personal data will be stored or transferred?
– How do we protect the security of your personal data?
– How long do we keep your personal data?
– What are your rights with respect to your personal data under current laws and regulations?
– How can you contact us?
– “I”, “our”, or “we” refer to “Tower Media Middle East”.
– “You” or “User” refers to the person(s) who use the services of Tower Media Middle East.
Why do we collect and process your personal data?
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
– To provide you with services that you request from us in order to allow you to use online forms and surveys, including Tower Media Middle East services that do not require any form of registration. In addition, to allow you to register for certain services, such as news bulletins, information feeds or SMS updates, or to create an account, in which case we will ask you for personal data such as your name, email address, or mobile number.
– To allow you to share information and take full advantage of our sharing features, such as participating in viewer forums and discussion boards, and interacting with the second screen shared viewing applications, and also to allow you to create a publicly visible profile on Tower Media Middle East, which may include – if you choose – your name and photo. In addition, we will combine and link your personal information that we obtained through one of the services, with the information we have collected from other services provided by Tower Media Middle East, in order to facilitate the sharing of things with the people you know.
– To maintain and improve our services in order to understand how you use Tower Media Middle East services, implement other functions, and to develop new services and offers.
– To give you services that are tailored to your needs and interests, and to provide you with personalized content – such as ads and related services – and to let us know you better, in order to give you more of the services you request. More offers, and some exclusive offers, information and competitions; all this will give you a better user experience, and will reveal more complex things (example: which ads you might find most useful, or which services and information are more relevant to you), which gives you a better and more useful experience of our digital properties.
– To carry out payment transactions and to store transaction history, in order to ensure that you have paid your subscription fees to our Services and comply with a legal or regulatory obligation in this regard.
– To communicate with you, and to allow you to contact us “Tower Media Middle East” and to keep a record of our conversations. In addition, this will give us the opportunity to help you in resolving any issues you may encounter, send you promotions directly, and to tell you about our services (example: providing you with information about upcoming programs, or adding modifications to our digital properties), and to contact you to compete and participate in different offers.
– To create and maintain a reliable and secure environment to investigate, detect, prevent, or report fraud, misrepresentations, breaches, security incidents, or other potentially illegal or prohibited activities. This will help in protecting your rights, our vendors, and the security and safety of our Services. Furthermore, this gives us the ability to enforce the terms of our services or other agreements or policies, and will help us in verifying your identity.
– Comply with any applicable laws or regulations, or respond to lawful requests for information from the government or through legal process, and for any other purpose disclosed to you related to our Services. Finally, to contact you and resolve disputes and provide assistance with our Services.
On what legal basis do we process your personal data?
Depending on the type of data, we will process your personal data based on one of the following standards:
– Your prior consent: For example, when we offer you to register for our Services and create an account for you, or when you subscribe to our newsletters or marketing emails, or when we ask you to follow any relevant procedure that allows you to either accept or refuse the data processing clearly envisaged if you accept. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, in some cases, your choice not to disclose your personal data or to withdraw your consent, may limit your use of our services, features or offerings. For instance, you may not be able to access certain parts of our websites, and respond to your inquiries without providing relevant information.
– Contractual relationship: In such a case, the processing of your personal data is generally necessary for the performance or fulfillment of a contract, which means that if you do not wish us to process your personal data in this context, we may refuse to enter into such a contract with you.
– Legal obligations are applicable to our activities.
Who can access your personal data?
For the purposes described above, we will grant access to your personal data to employees of Tower Media Middle East who need to know that information in order to process it for our benefit, and they are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations, and maybe disciplined and even terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
In addition, we may need to transfer or allow an authorized third party access to your personal data who are:
– Our media representatives
– Legal advisors, witnesses, experts, and judicial and quasi-judicial authorities, in order to protect Tower Media Middle East from any harm against its rights, property or safety, and to protect our users, the public and any third party, as required or permitted by law, and enforce the necessary conditions for our services, including Investigate potential violations
– Administrative or judicial authorities in order to satisfy the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
We may also collect anonymous data to the public and to third parties and other authorized partners – such as advertising companies or linked sites. For example, we may share information publicly to display indications about the general use of our services.
How to access, update and remove personal data?
By virtue of the data protection law, you are entitled to exercise the following rights:
-The right to access your personal data. In this case, we could provide you with a copy of this data, if it is unavailable to you, for example, within your personal account.
-The right to amend your personal data, if your data is inaccurate or outdated. It is essential that the personal data we keep about you is accurate and updated. Please let us know if there is any change to your personal data during this period.
-The right to object to the processing of your personal data, given that the processing is based upon our legitimate interests, to the extent permitted by your side.
-The right to erase your personal data.
-The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
-The right to receive your personal data in order to send it to a third party or to transfer your personal data to a third party of your choice if this is technically feasible
-The right to file a complaint at a competent data protection authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data has violated the data protection law.
You may submit a request in this regard, any time, as shown in the “Contact Us” section.
Kindly, take note of the following:
We may need to verify your identity before we act upon your request.
Since the exercise of these rights is subject to certain legal conditions and restrictions, we may have to refuse your application if these conditions are not met or if there are legal restrictions.
We may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require technical effort (such as developing a new system or a fundamental change to existing practices), or pose a risk to the privacy of others.
In all cases, we will endeavor to deal promptly with your request and as quickly as possible. If we decline your request, we will give you the reasons.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a set of files containing information sent by a web server using a web browser. This enables the server to collect information from the web browser. A cookie is incapable of reading read data from your computer’s hard disk.
If you browse the websites of Tower Media Middle East FZ LLC services, a cookie will be placed on your device. That’s why you will be notified by a pop-up notification window. You agree to our use of these cookies if you continue to browse and use the Tower Media Middle East FZ LLC services sites.
Who sets the cookies?
Depending on your consent and device settings (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) and/or your browser, when you browse the Tower Media Middle East FZ LLC services, cookies may be stored by:
“Tower Media Middle East FZ LLC”
Our suppliers and service providers “Tower Media Middle East FZ LLC” (particularly technical service providers who process your browsing data on behalf of Tower Media Middle East FZ LLC)
Third parties (social networks, advertisers, commercial advertising agencies, data brokers, software brokers). In this case and since we have no control over the storage of these cookies, we invite you to read the privacy policies of these third parties.
When you use Tower Media Middle East FZ LLC services, cookies or similar technologies are stored, modified and read for the following purposes:
Where necessary for services:
– To help you browse websites and provide services to you.
– To provide content that is appropriate and permitted in each geographic region on the basis of the intellectual property rights licensed to us.
– To get to know you and your preferences when you visit our digital sites.
– To ensure the security of our services.
– To fulfill our legal obligations.
– To improve the performance of services.
– To improve your user experience and the overall quality of Tower Media Middle East FZ LLC services.
– To monitor and study your browsing/navigation patterns through the site, create your own demographic to provide you with the service most relevant to your preferences (for example, improving recommendations for content you can enjoy).
– To analyze content consumption habits (programs viewed, content read, devices used, etc.) to provide, personalize, measure, and improve advertising and marketing.
– To allow social networking sites to track your browsing of our services, especially when your social networking account is active on your device (open session) while browsing
– To enable our social networking site partners, advertisers and social analytics to combine it with other information that you have provided to them, or that you have collected from your use of their services.
Tower Media Middle East FZ LLC services may be provided through and/or utilize features (such as voice controls) operated by third party platforms, or contain links to websites operated by third parties whose policies regarding the processing of personal data may differ from those our own. For example:
You may be able to access Tower Media Middle East FZ LLC services through platforms such as game systems, smart TVs, mobile devices, set-top boxes and a number of other internet-connected devices. Additionally, you may encounter third party applications that interact with Tower Media Middle East FZ LLC services. This third party has separate and independent personal data privacy and policies.
We invite you to review these policies and conditions if you wish to inquire about the processing of your personal data by a third party.
How to contact us?
If you have any other inquiries, please contact us at the following email:
Where applicable (for example, if changes require new data processing based on your prior consent) we will make sure that you have the ability to accept these changes so that you can continue to use our services or refuse – in this case you have the right to cancel your use of Tower Media Middle East FZ LLC.